Mentat: That class of Imperial citizens trained for supreme accomplishments of logic. "Human computers."

Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy Birthday

Today is Gandhi's birthday. I wish that we could honour his birthday as much as we honour other prophets' days. I know that Islam says that Mohammed was the seal of the prophets but surely Mahatma Gandhi was another prophet. Couldn't God change his/her mind? Where would humanity and our beloved planet be had we followed this humble man's example?


Here are some wonderful quotes I found in
All Men Are Brothers:

"It is better to allow our lives to speak for us than our words. God did not bear the Cross only 1,900 years ago, but He bears it today, and He dies and is resurrected from day to day. It would be poor comfort to the world if it had to depend upon a historical God who died 2,000 years ago. Do not then preach the God of history, but show him as He lives today through you."


"It is a bad habit to day that another man's thoughts are bad and ours only are good and that those holding different views from ours are the enemies of the country."

"Let us honour our opponents for the same honesty and purpose and patriotic motives that we claim for ourselves."

"What is true of individuals is true of nations. One cannot forgive too much. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."


"It is open to the world . . . to laugh at my dispossessing myself of all property. For me the dispossession has been a positive gain. I would like people to compete with me in my contentment. It is the richest treasure I own. Hence it is perhaps right to say that though I preach poverty, I am a rich man!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work -thanks for the quotes especially the one about living through our actions not our words. However words aren't totally bad - e-mail me sometime you baboon!

2:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home