Mentat: That class of Imperial citizens trained for supreme accomplishments of logic. "Human computers."

Friday, August 17, 2007

When, oh When

I wonder at which point one finally recognizes that there isn't even a drop of goodness left in the rotten heart of civilization. Will that day come when even the seagulls and pigeons are extinct? Perhaps when snow and ice are memories, lest they be found in freezers? Maybe when we can no longer walk under the sun? Or when cancer is guaranteed at birth?

I haven't reached that point it seems. I must be pretty thick, or scared.

Perhaps the problem is that these experiences accumulate too slowly to really motivate people to stand up and fight. Then we get caught in this constructed world. So we never get up and make a mess in a blindingly messy world. My only hope is an eviction from my home, starvation while others feast, or some other structural violence done to myself or my family. Maybe then I'll do what I should and carve cracks in this bloated carcass called civilization.

In the meantime, I slouch and soldier on. Monday is the National Day of Action against the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP). This new North American Union is a bad idea. Read about it and write our dear Prime Minister and your MP and let them know what you think. Is it any wonder the House of Commons is out of session? Amazingly even the dreary Liberals have concerns, though, if they were the government, they'd be lining up to sign on.

I guess it's all coming down either way but in the interim, let's make some noise.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home