Mentat: That class of Imperial citizens trained for supreme accomplishments of logic. "Human computers."

Monday, March 24, 2008

Lottery

How many times a day do you win the lottery?

I know I won the lottery when I was born. And I win it every day with a fridge full of healthy organic food. I win it everyday with universal health care (which I really don't need due to healthy food and exercise). I win it everyday with choice and a life (relatively) free of fear.

But as with all lotteries for all the winners there are many losers.

This obviously includes many, many humans living today but also the other essential inhabitants of this earth. Most importantly all the beings not yet born, those who will live with our legacy.

The choices we make today matter. I propose that we smash the lottery and give up on these false dreams, abandon the concept of winners and losers altogether, see ourselves as parts of the whole.

Yet there are numerous forces arrayed against this vision and who can't let go of lottery thinking. The state has benefited mightily from fear and conflict. The CBC estimates that the Canadian Government has spent an additional $24 billion on Canada's "security" infrastructure since 2001.

What else could we do with $24 billion? Comments appreciated.

1 Comments:

Blogger e.war said...

hey T

i was a wonderin if you'd like to add the hamilton zine library blog to the links on yer blog?

if you do the addy is http://hamiltonzinelibrary.blogspot.com/

many thanks and i really likre yer blog, my personal blog is
fagpunkprojects.blogspot.com

see you soon,
e

3:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home