Mentat: That class of Imperial citizens trained for supreme accomplishments of logic. "Human computers."

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Evil Elections?

Yesterday Iran held elections for their local councils and a branch of government called the Assembly of Experts. (What Iran has elections? But they are part of the Axis of Evil. Evil people don't hold elections, right?) Even worse the Assembly of Experts actually can dismiss the Supreme Leader of the Iranian state. (Whoa! I'm confused. I thought the cleric in charge of Iran was like the Pope, in the job for life. Maybe someone is lying to me. Should I read something and learn more about this?) Slow down, we might be at war with them soon and then you'll just have to forget all that learning so why ever start? (Phew, you're right. Guess I better get back to my two hour morning commute.)

Of further interest is that conservatives did very poorly in these elections. Hmm sounds familiar doesn't it?

Disclaimer: I know that Iran is far from perfect but it's useful to remember these facts and that they have a fairly sophisticated government with the potential to work great. That it doesn't demonstrates that they have problems much like ourselves. Wouldn't you agree?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home