Mentat: That class of Imperial citizens trained for supreme accomplishments of logic. "Human computers."

Monday, April 10, 2006

Disconnect

Occasionally I start blog entries and have to come back to them. You know when a good idea pops into your head but you're falling asleep or just off to work so you don't have any time to do anything with it. This is one of those times.

I had just watched Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday night. For a while I've noticed that Viagara is well advertised on the boards at these games beside McDonald's and Pepsi. What's the deal? Usually companies only advertise where they know they'll get their message across. I guess the logical conclusion is that a lot of hockey fans need a little hand in the bedroom. But aren't male hockey fans all "real" men? They'd never need Viagara, right?

Hey quickly on a side note, a couple of weeks ago, I was told to "play a man's sport" by a crusty old man teaching his prodigy to punt footballs at Soccerworld here in Hamilton. I was getting warmed up for an ultimate frisbee game with some of my teammates. I guess there wasn't enough armour or hitting for him. Perhaps I was smiling and laughing too much. And worst of all, I was playing with women. Of course this old-timer would have been done in less than five seconds had he tried to keep up with us.
We all knew this. If you ever want a workout (or to prove your manhood if you are so inclined), try ultimate. I regret not telling him to piss off (not my style really) but I guess he'll die soon; maybe from a Viagara overdose.
Back to the Viagara ads: Are we all so inactive that we have become impotent? We'll watch hockey long before we'd ever consider playing. Isn't this a natural outcome of sloth? What's the point of procreation when you're a lazy bastard? What do you have to offer the species? Perhaps your parallel parking ability.


I guess this is another example of humans overcoming the natural processes of evolution. You don't have to be strong to survive anymore. There's always a drug that will overcome your affliction or prolong your life. Pop some Viagara and you can pass on your rotten genes to your kids. I'm not claiming to be superior by the way. I should have died a long time ago with my faulty genes but human ingenuity saved me. I'm still deciding whether it's worthwhile to pass them on. While I'm deciding I'll catch the NHL playoffs (but don't worry, I'll still play ultimate).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home